donderdag 19 mei 2011

The captain's plan

Part IV

In all my life, I pursued one woman only and her I chased twice, over land and over sea. And yes, it's true. That beauty is hard to pass by, impossible to forget. All the others just threw themselves at me. Maybe because I have this way about me. There's something about me, I'm sure, though none of them can explain. And then there's my wife. She's a prize, one her father was only too willing to pay, won at no great cost. She has made me a good house, strong and solid, with a son to go where I can not. And of course, I long to see her again. In all those years I have grown to love her nocturnal tricks. But then again, I find I wait for something more. I don't just need someone to support me in sleek old age, but someone to sing me my soul, love's old sweet song.

< Part III

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten